Want a Christmas time treat that does not make your hands messy? Try these Candy Cane Pops for a fun edible craft that doubles as an inexpensive gift idea for your family and friends.
Candy Cane Pops
- Mini Candy Canes
- Popsicle Sticks
- Andes Baking Chips
- Parchment Paper
- Cookie Sheet
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Unwrap 4 to 5 sets of mini candy canes and place them on the parchment lined sheet in the shape of a heart around the Popsicle sticks. I like to work in small batches to catch the candy canes before they harden.
- Soften in the oven for 3 minutes.
- Using the back of two spoons press the softened candy canes onto the sticks.
- You may need to rewarm them for 2 minutes to get the shape the way you want.
- Fill the opening with Andes baking chips and allow them to melt with the heat from the cookie sheet or put them back in the oven for 1 to 2 minutes.*
- Let them cool completely and wrap up with cellophane and ribbons.
- Repeat steps 3 through 8 for more candy cane pops.
*Swirl the melted chocolate with a toothpick to make a marbled look.
I like the Andes mints because it gives a camo look for the guys in my life. White or dark chocolate would work in the middle too.
What are your favorite chocolate combinations?